Over October Half term, FORMS organised a scarecrow trail around the village. The event proved so popular that the EDP wrote an article about it! Please click on the link below to read more.
Friends of Rockland St Mary School (FORMS)
Welcome to The Friends of Rockland St Mary School (FORMS). We are a ‘Friends of the School’ organisation and as parents with children at Rockland School, we are automatically members of FORMS. We are also a Registered Charity (Charity Number 1109683).
Our objectives are to advance the education of pupils in our school through developing effective relationships, engaging in activities and providing facilities and equipment that support the school. We are proud members of Parentkind, the leading membership organisation for parent bodies in the UK. They provide us with our Constitution, our insurance and a lot of information and support with running the Committee and events. FORMS is a highly valued and important part of the school not only for fundraising purposes but for providing enriching activities for the children and their families.
What We Do
Obviously we aim to raise important funds for the school but it is equally important for us to organise social activities and events that help us to build relationships not only with other parents and teachers at the school but also with our local community.
Examples of some of the ways we fundraise are:
- Summer Fetes
- Christmas Craft Fayre (Gifts made by the children)
- Christmas Card Sales
- Scarecrow Trail (Started in 2020 and will definitely be an Annual Event)
- Community Cafes: set up in 2019 (prior to Covid) where on the last Friday of the month we held a cafe at the Parish Rooms on the main street in Rockland. Parents were invited to bake/purchase cakes and savoury snacks for us to sell not only to the school children and their families but also to the local community throughout the day. This was very well supported and provided a great source of fundraising for us.
How We Support the School
Examples of the way the money is spent:
- Coach travel for school trips and residential trips
- Entertainment and snacks for the end of year disco
- Class resources such as ipads, musical instruments, books and cameras
- A small Christmas gift for the children
- Leavers gifts for year 6 children
We are very lucky to have a small team of parents who are very dedicated in helping to run FORMS, however, like most voluntary organisations we will always welcome more help. That may only be in the form of selling as many raffle tickets as you can or helping to sell cups of tea at the Nativity but we will be grateful for whatever you can offer.
We are a new group to run FORMS so now is the time to join in, especially if you are new to the school! We have set up a FORMS Group on Facebook and a Facebook FORMS Event Page that helps us to share our Events with the local community. There is also a general Facebook chat page for the school for the parents to offer support. It is important to reiterate that although our primary focus is fundraising and providing support for our school, it is equally important to provide support, friendship and build important relationships with each other for our children.
- Chair: Claire Aringstall
- Treasurer: Sarah Pyne
- Secretary: Currently Open
- Community Cafe Organiser: Sarah Wyatt
- Ordinary Members: Nikki Stone and Louise Linford
- If you are interested in joining the Committee in whichever form that may please let one of us know!
Links to the Facebook pages:
FORMS Events Page: www.facebook.com/rocklandforms
Rockland St Mary School Chat: https://www.facebook.com/groups/615289551871562
FORMS Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/303544874351819